DevOps Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues, and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. Support continuous release promotion cycle (through automation) including the following environments: Development, Testing, UAT, Pre-prod, and Production. Actively monitor and administer the applications and hosting environments to increase efficiency, improve reliability, and minimize downtimes. Participate in documenting the DevOps process, runbooks, and procedures.
- Expertise in operating Linux environment with good command over any scripting language such as Bash, Shell, Python, etc.
- Must have experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD process for enterprise SaaS and on-prem applications using tools like Git, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, etc
- Should have experience in Jenkins Pipeline scripts.
- Should have experience in Code Analysis and Code Coverage tools like SonarQube
- Hands-on experience in using one of the configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, Fabric, Puppet, or SaltStack.
- Knowledge of Docker Container Monitoring on different hosts using prometheus & cAdvisor.
- Hands-on experience in building, designing, and maintaining cloud-based applications with AWS, Azure, etc, GCP
- Hands-on experience to build and handle VM’s, Containers utilizing tools like Kubernetes, Docker (container, networking, volumes, swarm), etc.
- Working in regulation with industry-standard best practices in close coordination with integration and deployment team.
- DevOps engineer must have effective leadership and cross-functional leadership and communication skills.